Women's College, Samastipur was established in 1956 by late Dr. Badri Narayan Singh. It is a leading government college which was initially set up as a Girl's
tutorial college and imparted education up to the graduation level. The mission of the institution was to ensure that the privilege of education reached the young women,
especially those from the weaker sections of society. It was later converted into Women's College, Samastipur and was accorded its first affiliation in 1964 by the
Bihar University, Muzaffarpur up to Degree standard. The College became a constituent unit under Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Kameshwar Nagar, Darbhanga in 1980.
At present the college offers honours courses in the faculties of Science, Social Science and Humanities. It is only the center for women's higher education in the
district and the oldest one in North Bihar. It got affiliation under the U.G.C Act, 2f in the year 1977.